As President of the National League of Cities, I have been fortunate to be able to lead the Building a Nation of Inclusive Communities Program. I believe that this will have a profound effect on America's cities.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pittsburgh and headed to North Dakota

I had a great dinner last night in Pittsburgh, as I got to meet Mr. John Price, President and CEO of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh. John is a very interesting person and someone who has had a great career. He was in the Nixon Administration in the 60's and had a picture in his office of a young group of presidential advisors and a letter signed by President Nixon. We had a nice conversation about our mutual interest in the former Soviet Union. John was a Rhodes Scholar and is a really intelligent person.

I also had an interesting weekend in Pittsburgh. I attended the National Speakers Association-Pittsburgh Chapter meeting and it was one of the nicest events I have attended in a while. There were a great group of professional and amatuer speakers and the program was fantastic. I intend to keep active with this group.

Well, off to North Dakota for my first visit to Minot. Should be a nice visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home