As President of the National League of Cities, I have been fortunate to be able to lead the Building a Nation of Inclusive Communities Program. I believe that this will have a profound effect on America's cities.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

John DeStefano wins race in Connecticut


My good friend and Past President of the National League of Cities, Mayor John DeStefano of New Haven, Connecticut was successful in winning the Democratic nomination for Governor in Connecticut. John is a great guy and someone who has done a great job as Mayor of New Haven and made a big difference during his term as President of NLC. John focused on advocacy during his tenure as President of NLC and I think some of the success that we are having this year can be directly tied to John's leadership.

This will not be an easy race for John, but I think he has the passion and endurance to make it. He is a thoughtful person and someone who focuses on the issues. It takes a while to get to know John and appreciate his sense of humor, but once you know him he is a true friend. John's wife, Kathy is a school teacher and someone that is really special. I know a lot of people say things like this, but John and Kathy are everyday people who love public service and have a passion to help his citizens.

I wish John the best of luck. He is one of the good guys!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home