As President of the National League of Cities, I have been fortunate to be able to lead the Building a Nation of Inclusive Communities Program. I believe that this will have a profound effect on America's cities.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

National Public Radio

I had the opportunity to be a guest commentator on National Public Radio's "All Things Considered" on Tuesday of this week. It was quite an interesting experience since I only found out about it at 1:45PM on Tuesday and the show was aired later that day at 5:20PM. If you would like to listen to my commentary, please visit the following link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6284896

I recorded the segment at the studio of WFDD Public Radio in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The station is located on the campus of Wake Forest University. They linked me to a studio in Washington, DC and as I read the commentary, the producer stopped me and to give me advice on how to make it sound more condusive to radio.

The program airs throughout the United States and I have received several calls and e-mails from friends who heard the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home