As President of the National League of Cities, I have been fortunate to be able to lead the Building a Nation of Inclusive Communities Program. I believe that this will have a profound effect on America's cities.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Weekend in Huntington

I attended the West Virginia Association of Counties Annual Meeting in Huntington, WV this past weekend. I must say that the new Pullman Square development in downtown Huntington is quite an impressive project. Lots of nightlife and it really seems to have been done in a first class way.
My good friend, Bill Hansell and his wife Margaret from Oregon were there. Bill is the President of the National Association of Counties and is on the road as much as I am. Bill is finishing his term as President and will give up the throne in Chicago this coming weekend.
I spoke to the group about the Inclusive Communities Program and they were very receptive. Of course, it seemed like an old friends club since I work with many of the County Commissioners. One of the board members of the West Virginia Housing Development Fund was there. She is Julia Elbon and she is a commissioner from Randolph County.
I really enjoy having the opportunity to speak in West Virginia. No airports and always a beautiful drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home