As President of the National League of Cities, I have been fortunate to be able to lead the Building a Nation of Inclusive Communities Program. I believe that this will have a profound effect on America's cities.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

On the road with the National League of Cities


Welcome, My name is Jim Hunt and I am an elected councilmember in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Clarksburg is a small town of 16,500 residents. It is a great town and has a great history. We are home to the F.B.I. Fingerprint Division with over 3000 employees. I have been on the Clarksburg City Council for over 20 years. I also work for the West Virginia Housing Development Fund. I have an exciting job and I look forward to seeing each new day.

I think this entry into the world of blogs will be an interesting experience. I have thought about this for several months. Beginning today, I realize that keeping up with a blog is really the important part of this venture. I'll try to regularly check in and make this a productive site. I am so fortunate to be serving as President of the National League of Cities. The travel throughout America is something that I believe will have a pivotal role in the remainder of my life. Living in a small town in West Virginia, I never believed that I would have the opportunity to interact with national leaders and influence the way that our Federal government interacts with cities. Our recent Congressional Cities Conference in Washington, DC gave us an excellent opportunity to meet with United States Senators, Cabinet Secretaries and Media commentators. I am proud to be a member of the National League of Cities, the most inclusive national organization in the history of the United States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home